We offer the most dolphin-friendly tour with a quiet engine and just six people or less on board. The dolphins love it.
Dolphin and Birding Combination Tour
South Padre Island's #1 Dolphin and Birding Tour!
- 4 passenger minimum
- Up to 6 passengers
- Food is not allowed (exceptions made for medical reasons)
- All boat tours are BYOB – Feel free to bring a cooler with any beverages you would like to bring with you
Our boat, a virtual floating bird blind, is equipped with a catamaran hull and a 4-stroke engine which provides a silent and stabilized shooting platform.
Close approach to our many shorebird species allows photographers to obtain tight, low angle shots of feeding and other unique behavior. Whether it is a Reddish Egret dancing, a male Mangrove Warbler calling, or a Skimmer cutting through the surface of the water, there is always a great picture to be captured from our boat! Dolphins playing make for exciting photos and great scenic shots maneuvered in the position you want. Come aboard for an amazing birding and dolphin watching experience on South Padre Island!
- We do have a 4 person minimum: however that is a fuel based requirement and we are happy to take groups out on a private tour.
- Because this is the most reasonable tour fee per person we can offer as a private tour boat, our rates are per person no matter what the age is.
- Dogs and children are welcomed (please inform us if you are bringing your dog first) and every possible effort is made to accommodate handicaps.
- Our cancellation policy is 48 hours for a full refund.
Laguna Madre (our boat) departs from The South Point Marina – 500 South Point Dr. Port Isabel TX 78578
Fireworks, rocket launch, New Year’s, birthday, and anniversary tours are available and subject to seasonal rates and availability. Please contact us to see if we can help you!